About BioMolecular Products, Inc.:
BioMolecular Products, Inc., founded in 1984, owns the lipid-based technology Lym-X-Sorb®, winner of the 2004 Eurand Award. Lym-X-Sorb® (Lymphatic Xenobiotic AbSorbability). When manufactured and formulated with a drug or nutritive agent, the Lym-X-Sorb® monomer shields the drug or nutritive from the hostile environs of the stomach and the upper intestine by enveloping it in the void created among the acyl-constituents of the lipid anchors. Lym-X-Sorb® is a novel lipid matrix that can improve the absorption of nutritional, dermatologic, and pharmaceutical substances. Numerous successful studies have been done with a variety of difficult to absorb drugs as well as using Lym-X-Sorb® as a nutritional supplement for children with cystic fibrosis.
What can Lym-X-Sorb® (LXS™) do?
- Improved clinical efficacy with fewer side effects.
- Increased bioavailability & excellent drug compatibility.
- Protects oxygen, heat and light labile drugs.
- Protects drugs in acidic and basic environments.
- Protects the stomach and intestine from irritant drugs.
- Nutritional, drug delivery, dermatological applications.
- Various end products with multiple routes of delivery from gel to powderized.
- Proven in multiple and varied studies.
- Multiple applications in numerous markets with potential high return.
- Clear and defined advantages over competing products.
- Rapid growth potential.
- Well-developed and researched technology.
Rearrangement of LXS™ Monomeric Structure
(interpretation of X-ray data):